Thursday, February 11, 2010

Happy Valentine's Day!

I won't be in town for Valentine's Day, but I hope that everyone has a special day celebrating their love or their independence! To each his own...

Since it's Valentine's I wanted to do a short post on romance. I'm still slightly obsessing over Dear John and came across a little Q & A that some writers had with Channing Tatum and Amanda Seyfriend.  Here is a small piece of that....

Q: Filming “Dear John” brought you both to Charleston for the first time. Impressions?



Tatum: Charleston is one of the most romantic places I think I've ever been.


Seyfried: It was the best time I've had shooting the movie. I ran every day on the battery. It's slow and Southern. I lived right off Colonial Lake. My house I stayed in was the most beautiful old house built in the 1850s. I was so inspired … to write music, to play music all night. I was just in love with life. I'm still planning one day on buying that house that I lived in.

Charleston is such a romantic city. It is a traditional southern town on the water. It's gorgeous and if you are ever in need of a getaway with your hunnie, you should come visit Charleston for a little southern hospitality!! I can recommend some fabulous places!

***

Next, what Valentine's Day isn't complete without a marriage or proposal? Without a doubt the most common day in America to get engaged/married. Actually, according to statistics, 2.2 million couples get married each year. Approximately 10% of those engagements happen on Valentine's Day...wow. So, if you want to be original (well... besides the fact that you are getting engaged on the day when 219,999 other couples are getting engaged) you should take a look at this video I stumbled on.

Warning: it is long, but it is so sweet!

http://www.daviddreudesign.com/videoproposal.html



Have a wonderful weekend and remember..." Don't be cliche' on Valentine's Day!"

No comments:

Post a Comment