Monday, June 14, 2010

Visit to Charleston

This weekend I know there are some friends and fellow BC alum coming to Charleston! I'm excited because THEY are so excited. So I've been thinking of things to do, things to see, and places to eat. Sometimes if you are visiting you fall into the traps...like Hyman's Seafood. It is a really popular place for tourists, but there is MUCH better seafood in town! So girls, if you are looking for things to fill your day, this is my list of things and places I recommend.

On the weekend:
-Go to Folly Beach. Make sure you lay behind the Holiday Inn. Why? That's where the beach bar is and that is where the public restrooms and foot showers are. ( a plus for any female!!)
-While you're at Folly-stop over at Taco Boy . The guacamole is awesome. Oh and so are the screwdrivers and the sangria margarita!
-Isle of Palms and Sullivan's are great beaches too!
-If you want to explore the city or get to know the history, the harbor tour is the best. It talks about the history of Charleston and you get the nice breeze off of the water!
-At night: Anything near The Market will be fun:
      Mad River=late night, tons of dancing, hot, sweaty
      Pearlz=great starting out point, and FABULOUS for oyster shots
      Rooftop at Vendue=also a great bar on the roof of a building. The view is awesome.
      Henry's=always a must stop of mine!
      The Saloon=interesting...must be heavily intoxicated.
      Others: Squeeze, Brick, Light
-Crazy dance party=Trio near King Street.

Places to Eat:
Seafood=Coast, Fleet Landing, Hanks (upscale)
Southern=Virginia's on King, Jestine's Kitchen, Hominy Grill, Magnolia's, Slightly North of Broad (SNOB)
Breakfast=Joseph's on Meeting, Poogan's Porch, Hominy Grill
Others that I loveeeeee=Kickin Chicken (great for a quick lunch); Sette-awesome Italian; Basil-Asain
Most amazing dessert place everrrrr=Kaminsky's

Other things:
Great happy hour during the week=O'Malley's, Social
Good Pizza=Dalesandro's
Dessert=Freshberry or Cupcake
Shopping=King Street or Mt. Pleasant Town Centre

Have fun girls. Hopefully I'll get to see you when I come back in town on Sunday!!! Be on the lookout for the theater from "The Notebook"--it is on upper King!!



No comments:

Post a Comment