First off, I had a fabulous birthday and these beautfiul flowers are from Matthew! He knows I love pink! My birthday weekend was great and consisted of all the things I love. Friday I went to happy hour at O'Malleys with my co-workers. Saturday I went shopping during the day and went with some friends to dinner at Senior Tequila. I've heard from some co-workers that the 'Chicken con Mole' is a great dish. Mole is a spicy chocolate sauce and when I asked the waiter about this he told me I was wrong, and that it didn't have chocolate in it. After some intense googling by Tara, we found that mole sauce DOES have chocolate in it like I said. It is one of the most misunderstood sauces. It was a great mix of sweet and spicy and here is a recipe for anyone who wants to try a misunderstood sauce.
-4 1/2 c. chicken broth
-1 Tbsp. olive oil
-1 c. finely chopped onion
-3 Tbsp chopped garlic
-1 tsp. dried oregano
-1 tsp. ground cumin
-1/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
-2 1/2 Tbsp. chili powder
-3 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
-2 oz. dark chocolate, chopped
Heat oil on med. heat in saucepan. Lower heat and add onion, garlic, oregano, cumin, cinnamon. Cover and cook until onion is almost tender, stirring occasionally. Mix in chili powder and flour. Gradually whisk in chicken broth. Increase heat and boil until reduced, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and whisk in chocolate.
Voila!
Thank you all for a wonderful birthday!!

No comments:
Post a Comment