*****
On Friday we went to Waterfront Park to watch the sunset, we didn't realize the pier closes about an hour BEFORE the sun sets. Oops!!
I truly believe that Charleston has the most beautiful sunsets!
*****
We decided to ride bikes. I haven't rode a bike in SUCH a long time, but we loved it and now bikes are on our list of things to buy!! The trails through the park were so pretty, and it was so relaxing.
(Fishing dock at James Island Cty Park)
(How pretty!!?)
(Looking over the lake..looking ripped!lol)
(Can't you imagine being on vacation and riding through something like this!!)
Thanks for a great, ACTIVE day babe. ~xoxo~
*****
Sunday we planned to head down to the water to see the Blue Angels show. AMAZING!! It was one of the coolest things Matt and I have been able to see/do in Charleston. First, we went to breakfast at a place we've been hearing about alot lately.
Joseph's is on Meeting Street. It's not a huge restaurant, so if you weren't looking you'd probably pass it by. I wanted to go here because I heard they had beignets! I tried to get some when we went to Savannah, but it didn't happen. I was determined to get them today and I wasn't disappointed!
OH MY GOSH! Deep-fried, confection-sugared h:e:a:v:e:n!!!
Matt and I both got omelettes, but if you are in the mood for pancakes or french toast you should come here. The pancakes are bigger than a 12" plate...no joke! And they don't just give you one, you get two! The french toast is four slices of bread...four slices of 10-12" long bread. It took everything in my power not to order those!! I'm going back when my parents come to visit, and I'm DEFINITELY getting that french toast!!
Later we went to the Blue Angels show. If you've never heard of this, you should look it up and try to make a show...I like to think of it as something like Top Gun..except I didn't see Tom Cruise!
(This is so symbolic, with the flag, the veterans plane, and the USS Yorktown in the back!)
P.S. Look how low the plane is flying!!
Hope you had a great weekend too! Next weekend is going to be great as we head up to Lake Norman for our friends, Drew and Lindsay's, wedding!!
Meg, your hair has gotten so long. Pretty pretty girl!
ReplyDelete